UPGRADED to Black Dragon
Black dragons drink lava instead of water! Black dragons only heal on healing stones/lava!
The Black Dragon: Good job eating Dragon, T-REX, YETI!, King Crab, and Kraken
- Upgrades from the Dragon, The Kraken, Yeti, T-REX or King Crab at 10M XP. (later upgrades from Land Monster, Sea Monster, Ice Monster and Dino Monster at 20M).
- Reaches its maximum size and unlocks High Fly at 40M XP.
- Unlocks Triple Fireball at 20M XP.
- Will downgrade back into a normal Dragon if it reaches 9.9M XP or less by a tail-bite.
- Can fly over everything, like the Dragon.
- Immune to ink.
- Uses lava as its drinking source and does not get damaged by it.
- Is vulnerable to other Black Dragons' fire, which makes it harder to fight, even near Dragons.
- Only heals with Healing Stones and when touching lava.
- Has text that appears when it reaches 40M XP saying, "Whoa! You have grown so big, now you can fly-high in the Sky. (Tip: Double-tap Boost button (space bar or left-click) to take-off or land when you want!)".
- In the next update, the Black Dragon will most likely have a tail slap ability. To use it, you will probably press E, and if you are in water, you will make 3 big waves.
The Black Dragon looks like a much bigger, black version of the Dragon, but instead of the Dragon wings, it has bat-like orange wings. However, if a Black Dragon is at low lava, its wings will turn from orange to black. On its back, there are three double-pointed spikes. It has a devil's tail, and it is the first animal to be added whose eyes are shaped in ovals to look mad. Its nostrils are also in ovals, like its mythical counterpart, and it's the only animal with red nostrils.
You should stay near Lava, as you survive by drinking lava. Use the big Healing Stone in the Lava if your health drops too low. You can also hunt this way, you can see if prey comes, and if some does, you can pretend you are going on an adventure, but then you come from behind your prey and make them take a long way out of the lava, while you can use your increased speed at the volcano.
Beware of the Jellyfish; its stings don't need a recharge. If a Jellyfish and other animals (such as stingray, pufferfish) team up, then their combined effort can kill you, so if you see a Jellyfish, run!
Try not to go into the ocean since you cannot dive and there will be a lot of tailbiters. Also since the ocean is far away from the volcano, you will have a harder time of healing if there are a lot of people teaming up
As you have lots of XP, you should be wary of tail-biters. If anyone approaches your tail, turn around and attack them, and pursue them at all costs (each tail-bite makes you lose anywhere from 200K-400K XP).
Other Black Dragons may attack you. If this occurs, you will have to fight to the death. Beware of the other Black Dragon's fire; try to use your own fire. Don't take the risk of bargaining with them as a team unless you have 20M XP or more, because you never know if they'll turncoat!
If you are at low HP, do not worry about animals that are Hippo or below, unless they are approaching your tail (their abilities can't kill you). If they ARE approaching your tail, turn quickly around and see if you can kill them to regain a bit of health. If you can't kill them, but cause them to run away, return to running to the volcano and its big healing stone. Also, if you aren't paying attention to your lava, there is an obvious visual queue (your wings turn completely black) that you are low on lava, so then would be a great time to return to the lava.
Info (Scrapped Black Dragon)
This version of the Black Dragon existed a long time ago. Very few unedited screenshots exist of it, but it might have had an ability that produced a stream of fire from its mouth. This ability is believed to have instantly destroyed any animal it touched. This incredible power may be the reason it was removed, and why the Black Dragon was so hard to get (possibly 100M XP) before it was removed.
- It's the only animal to be on the 16th tier.
- The Black Dragon (before it was "officially" released) used to upgrade at 100M, but that was changed to 5M on Dec 1st, and then, it was changed to 10M in April 9th.
- When the game first came out, the Black Dragon had a mass of 10M, just like now.
- It's the only animal that can truly "downgrade" into a dragon.
- The Black Dragon was the only animal to be removed, then added back.
- This animal was "truly" released on Oct 4.
- This was finally added after 2 months and 20 days of no animals added.
- If you activate the old texture its eyes will not be connected to the body.
- In the update's image with the Black Dragon, the Black Dragon's name says "hey man".
- It's the only volcanic animal.
- It's the biggest animal if you have maximum XP.
- It's the only animal to have its old skin as a recolor of the dragon.
- It gets so big that the developers had to use a 1000x1000 image instead of a normal 500x500 image.
- From 12-25-17 until 12-31-17, The mope.io developers let a lot of people become Black Dragon!
- The Black Dragon is the only animal that can eat breakable foods (foods with health bars) in one hit.