UPGRADED to Dragon!
Fly over everything, Hold W to shoot fire!
- Upgrades from Elephant, Blue Whale, or Mammoth at 1M XP.
- Evolves into the Black Dragon at 10M XP.
- Can eat Animals in Hedgehog, Fox, and Jellyfish.
- Before the Colossal (April 9th) Update, it could not be eaten by anything; however, it can now be eaten by the Black Dragon, which was introduced in the Colossal Update.
- Can fly over everything including rocks.
- Moves through all animals up to Deer, its equivalents & other Dragons.
- Is immune to ink.
- Can breathe fire.
- Is immune to the River's effect.
- After the Colossal (April 9th) Update, it can now hide in Caves. This was changed specifically to give it at least SOME protection from the Black Dragon.
- In the next update, Dragons will fly at 5M (or will upgrade to the land monster), no note is given yet.
The Dragon is one of the largest animals in the game, dwarfed only by Black Dragons and advanced Krakens. The Dragon has a pale turquoise body and two wings that are a slighter darker shade of turquoise. It has thin, vertical ovals running down its back which represent spikes. Its tail is small, and it has a trapezoid mouth with two dark nostrils.
Your main ability is your fire-breath. You can shoot out a single fireball that slowly burns the victim over time. This fireball is extremely powerful and useful for hunting down fleeing prey. The Fireball's range is considerably far, and its burn effect can take down prey that is out of range. After using your fireball ability once, you are slightly slowed down while the ability recharges, supposedly to give the prey a slight boost. Thus, spamming the fireball ability repeatedly is not a good idea; you should use your ability only when the prey is within the fireball's range.
You should also burn a Black Dragon when it reaches low HP; just make sure its distracted before you burn it.
You should go after Krakens and lone Elephants for quick XP. When attacking a Kraken, you should use your fireball on it whenever possible to prevent it from diving underwater. Then, sprint after it and bite it. Rinse and repeat until the Kraken is dead. Also, try to force Krakens on land whenever possible.However remember that 1)The Kraken can stay under forever. If they escaped underwater, there is a good chance that you will end up giving up on them and 2)The Kraken's ability is extremely powerful, so if you are losing, run! Elephants, even when alone, are fairly dangerous. An Elephant's trunk can do major damage to you, and when not dealt with correctly, can even kill you. To kill an Elephant, go after it and set it on fire with your fireball ability. Attack it physically and make sure it does not escape into a Cave. Keep setting it on fire and attacking it until it is dead. If the Elephant makes it into a Cave, jump after it so that it cannot leap out briefly and attack you with its trunk. Dragons can last longer in a hiding hole than an Elephant in most cases, so you should wait until the Elephant runs out of water and leaves. Then, jump out after it, set it on fire to drain its water supply even further, and attack it until it is dead. You'll need to eat 10-20 Elephants to evolve. However, elephants can smack you with their trunks which will sometimes save them.
Now that Blue Whales got a huge nerf, you can go after them now. Do everything you do against the Kraken, and try to avoid their ability as they can escape underwater if they manage to hit you with their tail. If they did, they can practically stay underwater forever so you should probably focus on eating other things.
When fighting against the Yeti, lead it far away from the Arctic as they will periodically take land damage. Try not to fight it in the Arctic for the same reason. Fire Breath in it and run away (preferably in the direction away from the Arctic or above a hill or rock as their snowballs can't get you from up there). Repeat until it is dead. If it went into a ocean, or lake and dive, you can wait it out as it has a very short diving time and is very slow in the water. However note that Yetis can climb hills.
If you are fighting against a Phoenix, constantly set it on fire with your ability and try to get tailbites in. Try to lead the Phoenix into a cave so its fire tornadoes disappear. However, if the phoenix have a very large amount of tornadoes (5+), just avoid it because the tornadoes will kill you.
When fighting the T-REX stay from a distance like when fighting The Yeti. However going on hills is useless because they can use their ability and pull you out of the hill. The proper way to fight them is set them on fire and then turn around and run.
If you see a black dragon on high HP and there is no one attacking it and you are not teaming with anyone, run. A cave or water is the two single best places as even though black dragons can wait you out, they probably have better things to do than waiting you out unless you are low on water. If you are low on water, the only option is run into the ocean and dive. When you need to resurface, try to find a place far away from the Black Dragon to resurface.
In the old days and a little while ago, many people hated the Dragon due to the fact it was mildly overpowered and frequently used for teaming. The developers have nerfed the Dragon a few times throughout Mope.io's existance and was majorly nerfed in the birds update, along with their fireball cooldown increasing from one second to three seconds.
This caused many people to hate using the T-REX, since it was very poor against Dragon and was bad against most other apexes as well. The T-REX however was buffed in an update where it has a longer dive time than Dragons and can still use ability/shake animals when on fire or even hurt/stunned by anything else.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draco_(genus) Or just a Dragon, because Dragons are pretty common in mythology.
- The Dragon was added on October 4th 2016.
- They were initially added as "Dinosaurs.".
- An update from November 23rd, the "Flying over Rocks" one, made the Dragon able to hide in large holes. This was fixed two days later.
- When the Black Dragon is introduced, Dragons can again hide in caves. However, this is not a glitch.
- There was once a joke that did the following: when a Dragon attained 100m XP, they would automatically devolve into a Mouse that could not evolve anymore. Tail-biters would receive 10k XP from each bite, making any possible tail-biter go straight to Cheetah/Stingray. This "feature" has since been removed from the game because of the addition of the Black Dragon.
- They are the only animal that can go over Rocks without diving, other than Seals, Crabs, Turtles, and Walruses. However, they have to actually climb them while Dragons can fly over them.
- Dragons themselves don't burn in lava. However, they are not immune to it, as they will still burn from fireballs spawned from the lava and can generally get burnt by the Black Dragon obviously. The reason they don't burn in lava is because they can fly over it, similar to how it can fly over everything else as well.
- Along with The Kraken, T-REX, King Crab, Black Dragon and The Yeti!, it is the only animal that can bite other members of its own species.
- Something that is shared with The Kraken, Phenix, and The Yeti! is that all are mythical creatures, and are the second-to-top predators of the food chain in their respective regions.
- When the fireball ability was added, it could pull out victims from underwater, but one update later, the ability and the Dragon were nerfed.
- Before the Dragon got the Shoot Fire ability, the upgrade notice said:"Upgraded to DRAGON! (Wow, you're amazing!). Dominate the lands, fly over everything!"
- After the fire ability but before the Black Dragon, the notice said:"Upgraded to DRAGON! (Wow, you're amazing!). Fly over everything, press W to shoot fire!"
- And after the black dragon was added, it was changed from (Wow, you're amazing!), to just, (You're amazing!).
- Even though Dragons are immune to fire from other Dragons, they are not immune to Black Dragon's fires and Fire Dragons are not immune to the Dragon's attacks.
- When an animal is burning, they cannot use their ability, much like stun and bleeding.
- It is the animal that changes its evolve and upgrade XP the most:
- First, it upgrades at 100K and evolves at 100000K.
- Then it upgrades at 300K and evolves at 100000K.
- Then it upgrades at 1000K and evolves at 100000K.
- Then it upgrades at 2000K and evolves at 100000K.
- Then back to 1000K.
- Then it evolves at 5000K.
- Then it evolves at 10>.
- Later on, when the Land Monster is added, it will evolve at 5 millions XP.