UPGRADED to Hippo!
Hippos are great swimmers, dominate the Lakes/Oceans/Mud!
- Upgrades to the Elephant, Blue Whale or Mammoth at 500k XP.
- Hippo had 3 looks: original(brown), classic(purple), and new.
- It's ability can randomly be larger than usual.
As of a recent update, the Hippo is now dark purple, with a large snout and two half-moon ears - which are a lighter shade then the rest of its body.
Prior to the update, Hippos used to be a light shade of brown with no noticeable ears. You can see an image of their former appearance to the right, below the infobox.
The Hippo can move quickly in water and mud. If a predator tries to eat you, use your ability to escape. To hunt down prey use your ability. Rhinos and crocs are the best ones to hunt down. If you see a big croc that's almost a small rhino. If you see a big rhino that's almost about to evolve; don't let it evolve just use your ability!
As a hippo, it is good to stay in a lake since you are the fastest animal in lakes. It would be even better to go to bigger lakes with 2 islands (islands gives better food) or lakes with pear bushes around it (pears gives a lot of xp too). Be extremely careful when hunting in the ocean because Krakens would love to have a nice little hippo for breakfast...
If you are being chased by an elephant, go into a river and go against the river's current (Hippos are immune to river currents but elephant get's pushed) and you can escape really easily.
- It is the only animal that its old skin is a different colour than the new one (first being brown then purple)
- It used to have shark as its ocean counterpart but this was changed to a Killer Whale after the December 7th update.
- It is the only purple animal in the game.