UPGRADED to a King Crab!
Press W To Arm Smash
The King Crab (or giant crab) is the 15th ocean animal in Mope.io and is the ocean equivalent of the T-REX, The Yeti!, Dragon, and The Kraken. it was released on December 25th, 2017 along with the Hedgehog, Eggs, Golden Eggs, Ducklings, and Ducks.
The King Crab:
- Has a maximum XP of 10M at which point it evolves to the Black Dragon.
- When the monsters come out, it will upgrade to probably the Sea Monster at 5M XP.
- Upgrades from the Elephant, Blue Whale, Giant Spider and Mammoth at 1M XP.
- Can eat all animals below it to Fox and its equivalents.
- Can be eaten by Black Dragon.
- Press W to smash with your big arms! A wave appears if you do it in water, you also can smash with your two arms, left and right, but when is on land it can't cause a wave.
- It can kill Animals below it to Tiers 6 with its ability.
The King Crab has a reddish shell and red-orange body, its pincers, legs and spikes are also reddish, some of them are a darker shade.
Use your Arm Smash to fight The Krakens. When it uses its whirlpool, turn to face it so it can't Tailbite you. When it's over, arm smash it, make sure if it doesn't dive, then dive under it and Tailbite it while it is stunned. Repeat the process until you kill it. If it is winning, dive and retreat. If you see a Kraken near land, smash it onto land and don't let it get back into the ocean. The Kraken will die of thirst quickly and you get lots of XP. Never go to the land unless necessary. You are VERY slow at land and animals such as dragons, or even elephants, can harass you, use their abilities and run away, and you can only helplessly watch you die out of their abilities.
If you want free food go after a Turtle or some other low level Animal. Use your arm smash which will weaken it greatly. Then kill. If you want to get great amounts of XP, hunt for blue whales. Your Arm Smash stuns animals for a very long time, making them easy to kill. If you see a pod of blue whales, don't take the risk. Also try dominating a lake for easy XP. Another way to get easy XP is to observe two dragons fighting, and when one is at low health (about 1/8 of full hp), arm smash it to get the kill and around 500K XP.
When fighting Dragons, dodge their fire and Arm Smash it. Dive underwater when your ability needs recharge. At some point, one of you will be winning. If you are not, go underwater, for you have a superb dive time. If the Dragon is losing, chase it and Arm Smash it until it is dead.
If you are fighting a T-REX, try to fight it in water as it is a lot faster than you at land. If you are at land, run away from T-REX and other animals in that tier. However, if you are at water, Dive and hit the T-REX. Repeat until the T-REX is dead. If it dives, wait it out as it have a very short diving time.
Do the same thing against Yetis. Lead it to water, where you have a great speed and dive time advantage. Arm smash it and dive. Dodge the snowballs that the Yeti is shooting as the snowballs stun for a very long time. When you are arm smashing it, smash it in the direction away from the Arctic and preferably the direction of the deeper oceans.
When fighting against the Phoenix, like with T-REX and Yeti, try to fight it in water as their fire tornadoes will die fast there and they are very slow, plus they can't dive.
If you see a Black Dragon flee if it has about full health. If it has low health or you are teaming up with other animals, this will be a great opportunity to get a Black Dragon kill. Wait until it is very low, arm smash it to kill. Don't let it go to the lava as they can heal there and try to lead it far away from the lava.
- It was the only animal to be added on the December 25th update without the Mope.io developer making a teaser on it in his YouTube channel.
- When you use your ability, you won’t always smash with both arms. In fact, you are more likely to Arm Smash with one arm rather than two.
- Unlike in real life, King crabs are actually not that strong.
- When you upgrade, it says "Upgraded to King Crab." However, if you are hit by the King Crab, it says "A Giant Crab smashed you back".