Mushrooms are a food item in mope.io. Animals below Pigs, Crabs, and Penguins are unable to eat them. They spawn relatively frequently, but less so than Berries, but give more XP. You can spit water at Mushrooms to make them separate into 5-15 Berries.
Halloween "purple" Mushroom
Has many names but in the code it is referred to as "o_BigMushroom", hence giving it the name "Big Mushroom," sometimes referred to as Red Mushroom. There is a chance for Red Mushrooms to spawn on islands in lakes. These rarer variety of mushrooms are edible only by Fox and the animals above it. They award 400 XP for each mushroom, but deer only receive 200 XP per mushroom and fox only 150 XP. If you shoot water at it, it will separate into a lot of Berries and some normal mushrooms. Red Mushrooms were added in the October 23rd update. It has been unofficially dubbed the "Super Mushroom" due to the Super Mushrooms in New Super Mario Bros, which are red. It is essentially a Mushroom that gives more XP and cannot be eaten by Pigs, Moles, & their equivalents.
Mushroom Bushes spawn around Red Mushrooms and have a 2/3 chance of a normal Mushroom. These are one of the two food sources that generate other food that can be eaten, the other being the Conch. They can be eaten by Zebra/Turtle/Muskox and above. They give 1,200-3,000 XP, but it takes 12 bites to eat a Mushroom Bush. Mushroom Bushes were added on the October 26th update. There was a bug where Mushroom Bushes didn't give XP that was fixed on April 9th. The look of the normal Mushroom Bush changed with the Halloween update, and switched back to normal later. The Halloween skin looked the same, except for the Mushroom, which was purple.
- Mushrooms were added when the game was released.
- Before October 24th, instead of a Big Mushroom, there was a Dark Berry. However, this was replaced in a past update.
- There was a bug that made it so all animals could eat the Mushroom Bush, allowing a Mouse to evolve directly to Fox.
- Elephants can eat Mushroom Bushes instantly with their trunk.
- The Mushroom Bush is actually a Mushroom on top of a Bush, and that's why it's called "Mushroom Bush."
- The Halloween Mushrooms were the only purple food in the game until March 14th, when the Clam was released.
| Berry • Dark Berry • Arctic Berry • Plankton • Lilypad • Mushroom • |
Mushroom Bush • Red Mushroom • Banana • Coconut • Water • Pears • Raspberry • Watermelon • Watermelon Slice • Carrot • Arctic Nut • Meat • Seaweed • Starfish • Kelp • Snail • Clam • Conch • Cloudberry • Mouse • Chipmunk • Egg • Golden Egg • Duckling • Adolescent Duck •