Mushrooms are a food item in mope.io. Animals below Pigs are unable to eat them. Mushrooms spawn relatively frequently, but less so than Berries. However, they give more XP. You can spit water at Mushrooms to make them separate into 5-15 Berries.
Halloween "purple" Mushroom
In the code it is referred to as "o_BigMushroom", giving it the name "Big Mushroom," sometimes referred to as Red Mushroom. There is a chance for Red Mushrooms to spawn on islands in lakes. These rarer variety of mushrooms are edible only by Fox and the animals above it. They award 400 XP each, but Deer only receive 200 XP per mushroom and Fox only 150 XP. If you shoot water at a Red Mushroom, it will separate into a lot of Berries and some normal mushrooms. Red Mushrooms were added in the October 23rd update. It has been unofficially dubbed the "Super Mushroom" due to the Super Mushrooms in New Super Mario Bros, which are red.
Mushroom Bushes spawn around Red Mushrooms and have a 2/3 chance of spawning around a normal Mushroom. This is one of the food sources that can be eaten, the others being the Conch and the Beehive. They can be eaten by Zebra/Turtle/Muskox and above. They give 1,200-3,000 XP, but it takes 12 bites to eat a Mushroom Bush. Mushroom Bushes were added on the October 26th update. There was a bug where Mushroom Bushes didn't give XP that was fixed on April 9th. The look of the normal Mushroom Bush changed with the Halloween update, and switched back to normal later. The Halloween skin changed the Mushroom part to be purple.
- Mushrooms were added when the game was released.
- Before October 24th, instead of a Big Mushroom, there was a Dark Berry. However, this was replaced in a past update.
- There was a bug that made it so all animals could eat the Mushroom Bush, allowing a Mouse to evolve directly to Fox.
- Elephants can eat Mushroom Bushes instantly with their trunk.
- The Mushroom Bush is actually a Mushroom on top of a Bush, and that's why it's called "Mushroom Bush."
- The Halloween Mushrooms were the only purple food in the game until March 14th, when the Clam was released.
| Berry • Dark Berry • Arctic Berry • Plankton • Lilypad • Mushroom • |
Mushroom Bush • Red Mushroom • Banana • Coconut • Water • Pears • Raspberry • Watermelon • Watermelon Slice • Carrot • Arctic Nut • Meat • Seaweed • Starfish • Kelp • Snail • Clam • Conch • Cloudberry • Mouse • Chipmunk • Egg • Golden Egg • Duckling • Adolescent Duck •