UPGRADED to Pigeon!
Hold W to fly around
The Pigeon is an animal added to Beta on June 7th, 2018 and was one of the starting animals, and more recently it became the equivalent of the Mole, Sea-horse, and Seal. It has been released to official Mope.io on June,19,2018.
- Was one of the four animals you can start as prior to June 8th update.
- Moved to Tier 4 in June 8th update
- Upgrades from Pig, Crab, or Penguin at 450 XP.
- Upgrades to Deer, Squid, or Reindeer at 1,000 XP
- There is a 1% chance you will spawn as a Dove (White Pigeon) instead. Doves are 20% faster than pigeons.
- Has a High Fly ability, where it takes to the skies for as long as you hold 'w' or right click, but automatically stops flying after a while.
- This is the only ability with a cooldown time based on your location. The cooldown time of the Pigeon's ability on land is 8 seconds, but if you are on a hill, it is 4 seconds
- When you become a Dove, the speed goes to 25% faster
The Pigeon keeps a consistent shade of blue across its entire body, with the exception of its slightly lighter head. The Pigeon's wings have tips that are black with white outlines. The Pigeon has a grey-ish beak that leads into a white mark on its face. In typical mope.io fashion, the Pigeon has big, beady eyes, though it is the only animal other than Falcon with visible eye sockets.
When hunting, if your prey is getting away from you, fly in front of them to interrupt their escape path, and then eat them. If you do not like chasing prey, find honeycombs or eggs instead and farm those, as they give decent amounts of XP.
If a predator is chasing you, fly away. You go extra fast while flying, and can keep it up for a long time. Be wary of Peregrine Falcons if they chase you, because they can also fly, and they can also stun you long enough to make you into a meal. If a Peregrine is chasing you, fly to the nearest hole.
Be wary of your water bar, as it goes down pretty quickly. Go for water at regular intervals, as your water bar will run out faster than you think, and try not to shoot too much water at mushrooms, like stated above. Try not to hang out in water when you are regaining water, though, as you are slow in water, and you can't dive, so a predator could ambush you and kill you.
- The Pigeon is one of two animals added into beta that was not teased by KOA, the other being the Toucan.
- There was a strange bug that caused the text when upgrading to the Pigeon to say "UPGRADED to Undefined!"
- The Pigeon is the only animal that has an ability cooldown based on location.
- The Pigeon had the quickest Tier-change, taking only 1 day.
- The Pigeon was the only Tier 1 animal that could climb hills, before being moved to mole tier.
- This meant it was the first animal you can be that can climb hills.
- You have a 1% chance of being a Dove instead of a Pigeon