(Hold W to inflate- become spiky, and dangerous to touch!)
- Inflates when the player presses the 'W' button; stuns and damages animals that come in contact with its spikes.
- Can eat all food and animals below it to the crab and their equivalents
- Can be eaten by all animals above it
- Can hide in whirpools, large holes, berry bushes and plankton spots
The pufferfish is brown and oval-ish in shape. it has eyes looking on the right(See picture on the right) and has two fins on each side. When it is inflated, it becomes round and the spikes become much longer. When it's deflated, its spikes look like circles.
Press and hold W to inflate to two times your original size, as well as stick out your body spikes. Your speed will get slower by 50% while inflating. If any animal collides with your body spikes, they will take some damage and are stunned for a brief amount of time. You will take 40% less damage while inflating, and you will automatically deflate after 8 seconds. Or, you can release W to deflate. You can use this ability to escape from predators. Bite their tail, then inflate and escape while you can.
Use this ability when hunting prey. When you get close enough, inflate to stun it, and eat it. To avoid getting tricked by an Octopus in disguise, you should inflate when you're about to eat a snail, zebra, or other object that just might be one.
Because of your ability, you can try hunting Swordfish, Pelicans, an Octopus, or if you really like taking risks, a Shark or Eagle, even though they are all predators. If you want to hunt one of these animals, inflate, then dive as quick as possible to let your ability finish its cooldown time. While you are diving, you could try to pop up for a tail-bite while your ability is recharging. If you are hunting a shark, watch out for its ability, as it will either do quite a bit of damage, or stun you for a long time, so avoid getting hit by the Shark's ability. For Eagles, do NOT let them grab you, as if they do, you are as good as dead. Instead, use the Eagle's slow speed to your advantage. Let them waste their ability, then Inflate on them, bite, dive, and repeat. Do this enough, and the Eagle will die.
To level up, eat snails and clams. You can also hunt a Stingray that has just used up its ability, as it takes time to recharge. Inflate and stay inflated so it stays stunned, then kill. Turtle hunting is also recommended.
Because you can go from small to big, the pufferfish is very good at tailbiting. It's stunning time is relatively short. Beware if you are a high-tier animal.
- It and Hedgehog is the only animal to increase in size without eating.
- It used to have an unlimited inflation time, which made it almost invincible.
- It was added on December 6th update along with the Swordfish and the Killer Whale
- People usually abuse the Pufferfish's ability to kill Dragons or other high-level animals.