Use electric shock (Release W key!) to shock animals!
(Takes time to recharge)
- Upgrades from the zebra or turtle or muskox at 7.9k XP.
- Has a maximum XP of 15k, at which point it will upgrade to the Lion or pufferfish Or gorilla or snow leopard(Depends if you're on land or on water)
- Can hide in large hiding holes and berry bushes.
- Has a special Electric Shock ability that stuns and damages every animal in its range. The electric shock takes approximately 9.5 seconds to recharge.
- Can eat berries, water drops, and animals below it to pig.
- Can be eaten by all animals above it.
The Stingray is colored gable green and has two triangular fins with a lighter hue at the tip of it, the same lighter hue that outlines the eyes in an egg shape. It has 2 flaps on its sides and a slender tail. Something that many new players don't know about the stingray is that it is able to become the smallest animal in the game, given that it looses enough XP. For Christmas, the Stingray has got a big Santa hat above its eyes.
Leveling up: The best way to level up as the sting ray is to zap turtles and while they are stunned kill them. Just eating turtles will not get you to the next level so you must eat a few mushroom bushes also. Another way to level up takes a few minutes but you can get to a very high level, you use your zap power to kill high level animals (alligator, rhino, hippo, dragon and their equivalents).
The Stingray has been recently nerfed as of the December 2nd update, giving the Stingray's sting a much larger cooldown, and also being unable to hurt diving animals. This provides a larger window to attack the Stingray, making it much more punishing if you miss your ability against predators.
Your sting ability should be used in most situations, either to escape a predator, to try and catch someone while they're stunned or to purposefully use the damage to finish off a weakened animal. However, be aware that the range of the ability is very small, so missing it is common, so try not to use it too hastily.
- The Stingray was added on November 28th, along with the seahorse, jellyfish, and turtle.
- Sting damage used to overlap with other stings, and you used to be able to be stung while diving
- When upgrading, there is a typo in which "electric" is misspelled as "electic."
- When you choose stingray at 7.9k it is misspelled as "Stringray".
- It used to have a Lion land counterpart but it was changed to Cheetah in an update (so in older times it upgraded to cheetah not into lion).
- Old message said: "Upgraded to STINGRAY! Glide around and eat turtles!".