The water drop is a unit of water that spawns from water spots. Collecting water drops is one method of filling an animal's Water bar, the other methods are swimming in a Lake, going into the Mud, going into or around a water spot, and swimming in the Ocean. Players can spit out water drops by pressing S (won't work in water, dissolves upon touching watermelon or mushroom).
When killed, Animals drop varying amounts of water drops, depending on how full their Water bar was. Players with a 90% or higher Water bar drop 4 water drops; 60% or higher drop 3 water drops; 30% or higher drop 2 drops; and with 29% or lower Water you only drop 1 drop. Players, when they die of thirst, explode into a pile of Meat. Orcas and Blue Whales, when they dive, can end up generating a pile of water drops, or sometimes other food, that spread apart.
When enough water drops collide with a Mushroom, it splits apart into Berries. If enough water drops collide with a red Mushroom, it splits into berries and Mushrooms. When enough water drops collide with a watermelon, it would split into watermelon slices. When LOTS of water drops collide with snow, it would explode. A common trait that is shared upon all of these foods is that the bigger the food, the less water drops are needed to collide.
Water Spots are land and Arctic features that spawn water drops at the same rate as Berries spawn from Berry Bushes, and they otherwise spawn more often in Mud. Animals are able to dive in Water spots.
- When the Orca and Blue Whale dives underwater, water drops or other food can come out of its blowhole.
- Before the update on February 14, 2017, water droplets were outlined in dark green. Now they are outlined in light green to indicate that they can be eaten. (On Oct 26th the water was outlined in light green, but on Oct 27th it was back to dark green)
- Phoenix, Black Dragons, and a rare form of T
- oucans are the only animals that don't need water, instead needing to fill up a Lava bar.
- Ocean animals have unlimited water unless they go into Whirlpools or Hiding Holes, or onto hills, rocks, or Land. The same applies to non-ocean animals going on ocean/lake.
| Berry • Dark Berry • Arctic Berry • Plankton • Lilypad • Mushroom • |
Mushroom Bush • Red Mushroom • Banana • Coconut • Water • Pears • Raspberry • Watermelon • Watermelon Slice • Carrot • Arctic Nut • Meat • Seaweed • Starfish • Kelp • Snail • Clam • Conch • Cloudberry • Mouse • Chipmunk • Egg • Golden Egg • Duckling • Duck •